Mergers & Aquisitions
Lawyer Mergers & Acquisitions
On the whole, M&A transactions are incredibly complex and an abundant amount of lawyer-client trust is required when assisting in this area. We are unsurpassable in our innovative ability & creativity and believe in an energetic and practical approach. Our M&A lawyers regularly work in multi-disciplinary teams alongside colleagues specialised in other legal areas e.g. business law, employment law and real estate or intellectual property law. We also collaborate closely and on a non-exclusive basis with prominent and independent global offices in international transactions. Many multi-jurisdictional transactions are conducted together with lawyers in our German, French or Japanese legal departments.
Specific expertise in Mergers & Takeovers
Van Diepen Van der Kroef proffer specialists in the Merger- and Takeover practice. We have in-depth knowledge of the sector and are proud to boast an extensive national & international network. Our M&A lawyers collaborate with accountants, tax specialists, civil-law notaries and corporate finance specialists. We allocate a team of specialists in accordance with client requirements.
Specific areas of proficiency include:
- Assistance throughout the entire transaction process: rudimentary stages to closing
- M&A transactions i.e. takeovers, participating interests, joint ventures, asset deals, asset/liability transactions, management buy-ins or buy-outs (MBO/MBI)
- Controlled Auctions
- Drafting contractual agreements e.g. confidentiality agreements, Letters of Intent (LoI), Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) or term sheets
- Due diligence for buyer-seller in assistance or execution
- Drafting purchase agreements e.g. share purchase agreements (SPA)
- Drafting warranty agreements, cooperation agreements, disclaimers & disclosures
- Shareholder Agreements
- Cooperation agreements (joint venture agreements & strategic alliances)
- Preparation of a M&A transaction for a business e.g. restructuring or reorganisation
Clients can count on our support throughout the entire transaction process. Our litigation and arbitration specialists have extensive experience of M&A transactions and are available for any dispute relating to mergers & takeovers. These areas often concern judicial procedures relating to share purchase agreements (SPA), warranties, clarification of agreements & liability for breach of contract and subsequent (financial) compensation.
Are you in need of advice or legal assistance? We are here to help. Contact one of our M&A lawyers.
Litigation in relation to other areas of the law
We not only tackle legal issues but also offer solutions such as assisting with compulsory reporting by public authorities e.g. the Authority of Consumers & Markets (ACM) or the Dutch Authority of Financial Markets (AFM). In addition, our administrative law specialists deal with the application and withdrawal of licences & permits. When a reorganisation takes place following a takeover, they provide the expertise and in all interrelated matters, support our clients towards a smooth M&A transaction.