Mergers & Aquisitions
Lawyer Mergers & Acquisitions
On the whole, M&A transactions are incredibly complex and an abundant amount of lawyer-client trust is required when assisting in this area. We are unsurpassable in our innovative ability & creativity and believe in an energetic and practical approach. Our M&A lawyers regularly work in multi-disciplinary teams alongside colleagues specialised in other legal areas e.g. business law, employment law and real estate or intellectual property law. We also collaborate closely and on a non-exclusive basis with prominent and independent global offices in international transactions. Many multi-jurisdictional transactions are conducted together with lawyers in our German, French or Japanese legal departments.
Specific expertise in Mergers & Takeovers
Van Diepen Van der Kroef proffer specialists in the Merger- and Takeover practice. We have in-depth knowledge of the sector and are proud to boast an extensive national & international network. Our M&A lawyers collaborate with accountants, tax specialists, civil-law notaries and corporate finance specialists. We allocate a team of specialists in accordance with client requirements.
Specific areas of proficiency include:
- Assistance throughout the entire transaction process: rudimentary stages to closing
- M&A transactions i.e. takeovers, participating interests, joint ventures, asset deals, asset/liability transactions, management buy-ins or buy-outs (MBO/MBI)
- Controlled Auctions
- Drafting contractual agreements e.g. confidentiality agreements, Letters of Intent (LoI), Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) or term sheets
- Due diligence for buyer-seller in assistance or execution
- Drafting purchase agreements e.g. share purchase agreements (SPA)
- Drafting warranty agreements, cooperation agreements, disclaimers & disclosures
- Shareholder Agreements
- Cooperation agreements (joint venture agreements & strategic alliances)
- Preparation of a M&A transaction for a business e.g. restructuring or reorganisation
Clients can count on our support throughout the entire transaction process. Our litigation and arbitration specialists have extensive experience of M&A transactions and are available for any dispute relating to mergers & takeovers. These areas often concern judicial procedures relating to share purchase agreements (SPA), warranties, clarification of agreements & liability for breach of contract and subsequent (financial) compensation.
Are you in need of advice or legal assistance? We are here to help. Contact one of our M&A lawyers.