Lawyer Financial Law
The law & regulations surrounding the financial sector are not only vast in compass but also complicated and in continual development. The Authority of Financial Markets (AFM) encourages those offering financial services to behave in an honest and open manner in all dealings with clients and demands a high level of execution. Experience tells us that financial institutions such as banks, insurers, asset managers but also intermediaries are often inclined to push these boundaries and overstep the mark. For a financial institution or an intermediary, this can result in liability.
Are you a private saver, employer, investor or a consumer experiencing conflict? The Financial law specialists at Van Diepen Van der Kroef are here to support you on an individual basis or in a collective compensation claim.
We are highly experienced litigators for the Financial Complaints Institute, the KiFiD, in domestic courts and also at the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU).
Expertise in Financial Law
Amongst others, we possess in-depth knowledge & experience in the following areas:
- Banking & Securities Law
- Derivatives in interest rates or interest rate swaps
- Duty of care (banks), obligations regarding information and warnings
- Misleading prospectuses
- Investment advice, asset trustees and ‘execution only’ products
- Unfair trade practices
- “Woeker policies” (‘investment insurance’)
- (Obligation) funds & CV’s
- Deferred payment & excess borrowing
- Interest rate policy for banks and salary increase
- Incorrect & inappropriate investment advice
- Scrutiny of Financial Law (WFT) and termination of financial agreements (BGFO)
- Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID)
- Litigation for KiFiD
- Financial agreements, credit agreements and securities
- Joint & severed liability, guarantor- and legal underwriting
Do you need legal advice or assistance? We are here to help. Contact one of our Financial law specialists.
Collaboration with other Legal Expertise
Our specialists in financial law collaborate with other legal specialists in the areas of Company law, Mergers & Takeovers, Collective Compensation Claims, Insolvency and Restructuring, European law or International law.