Collective Compensation Claims
Lawyer collective compensation claims
In collective compensation claims, a joint legal action is brought on behalf of a whole group (a so-called ‘class action’). Our specialist knowledge covers many legal areas and due to this, our lawyers are well equipped to deal with such intricate cases. In the event of extensive mass compensation claims, we work in considerably sized teams.
We also assist interest groups in initiating joint compensation claims, negotiations and settlements. Additionally, it is regardless whether a claim is founded on the Dutch Class Action (Financial Settlement) Act. (WCAM).
Specific expertise in collective compensation claims
Van Diepen Van der Kroef have been involved in a variety of mass compensation claims and subsequent related negotiations, such as the following examples:
- Stichting Platform Aandelenlease (PAL). Protected the interests of thousands of innocent parties damaged in the Dexia-affair & in the bankruptcy of DSB Bank N.V.
- Stichting Woekerpolisproces. Protected the interests of tens of thousands of innocent parties in the Woeker policy case in order to exact damages from insurers.
- Stichting FortisEffect. Protected the interests of thousands of investors in various claims against the State & Ageas (currently Fortis).
- The Mothers of Srebrenica. An action against the Dutch State & the United Nations (UN).
- Stichting Red de Kleine Horeca Ondernemer (KHO). An action against the smoking ban in small cafes.
- Stichting ImtechClaim. Supported the shareholders/investors damaged by Imtech’s deals, (former) directors and commissioners, controllers & various banks.
Contact one of our specialist lawyers in collective compensation claims.