Joes Blakborn specialises in Employment Law and litigation. He regularly works in dismissal cases, for both employers and employees, in particular for (Statutory) Directors. He litigates (Summary Proceedings) in a wide range of contractual (collection) differences. In addition, he assists clients in the settlement of matters relating to the division of matrimonial assets.
Joes Blakborn is also a member of the Sport Law department. He advises and assists footballers, intermediaries and clubs at both home and abroad on all legal matters. As a registered intermediary at the KNVB and the FA, he is able to help assist both professional individual players and clubs in contractual negotiations.
Joes loves sport, especially football. During his studies, he played football for AFC Ajax & FC Volendam. After this, he played for many years at the highest possible amateur level. Joes enjoys travelling and eating out.
- Dutch lawyer
- Law – University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Specialist Education in the Law of Sport
- Masters degree in Employment & Civil Law
- Advises & litigates in dismissal cases for both employers & employees
- Advises & litigates on employment terms and (looming) work differences
- Litigates (Summary Proceedings) in contractual (debt collection) issues
- Acts in the settlement of complex cases of matrimonial division of assets
- Acts on behalf of football players, intermediaries & clubs in matters of difference and in litigation tribunals at the KNVB, FIFA, the CAS and in court
- Advises several footballers, professional clubs and intermediaries in the realisation of employment & commission-related agreements
- Society for Employment Law (VVA)
- Society for Sport & Law
- Widely published in the area of Sport & Law