Arthur van der Kroef
Arthur van der Kroef is a partner and works out of the Amsterdam office. He is joint founder of the law firm Van Diepen Van der Kroef Lawyers. Since 1995 Arthur van der Kroef has been working in the areas of Company Law and Mergers & Acquisitons. He primarily advises on the buying and selling of companies and in transactions such as capital holdings. He represents buyers, sellers & investors. In addition, he also represents the company that is going to be invested in or the management. With his expertise in Corporate Governance he supports (Boards of) Directors, commissioners and shareholders. As a lawyer he advises many venture capitalists and corporate finance organisations and has been involved in a vast number of takeovers, mergers and management buy ins / buy outs. He regularly gives support to companies who find themselves in a restructuring process.
For his first ten years as a lawyer, Arthur van der Kroef worked in Insolvency Law. He is an experienced trustee and has settled more than a hundred bankruptcies & suspensions of payment. Since 1995 he has been teaching Bankruptcy Law (the course Corporate Recovery by Alex van Groningen). Arthur van der Kroef represents registered accountants in disciplinary hearings.
Arthur grew up in The Hague and lives in Amsterdam. He is married and has two children. His hobbies are chess and reading. He also enjoys sport, e.g. golf, skiing, football and sailing. His goal is to sail single-handedly across the ocean.
- Dutch lawyer
- Dutch Law - University of Utrecht
- PHD in New Economy - Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Provided guidance on private equity transactions for both buyers & sellers.
- Provided guidance on mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures e.g. electronics, offshore, the internet, the printing industry, hotel chains, retail, the automotive industry, leisure yachts, textile companies & job agencies.
- Advised on leveraged management buy ins en buy outs (National large-scale internet department store).
- Reorganisation/restructuring/sale of several nationally operating supermarket chains and other big players within the retail sector .
- Provided guidance concerning ‘distressed’ airline takeovers.
- Lawyer for a pension fund in an arbitration case concerning indexation
- Mediator & Lawyer concerning differences between (Boards of) Directors, commissioners, shareholders & other financial matters
- Since 1995 teacher of Bankruptcy Law i.e. The Corporate Recovery course by Alex van Groningen)
- Represents registered accountants at disciplinary hearings