Evert Baart is a partner and works out of the Amsterdam office. His legal specialisms are Insolvency and Real Estate Law. He advises companies on matters related to restructuring and bankruptcy. The court in Amsterdam has regularly appointed him as an administrator in matters of suspension payments & to act as a trustee in bankruptcies. These cases mainly concerned matters of fraudulent dealings by financial institutions. In 2014, Evert sold 10 million euros worth of real estate in a developer’s bankruptcy case on behalf of a recently nationalised German bank.
He acted as a trustee in the Palm Invest bankruptcy case and also in the international ponzi scheme bankruptcy of Witter Walwyn. In addition, he was called upon as a trustee in other bankruptcy cases where potential ponzi schemes had come to light. In his role as lawyer, he supported the injured parties – the investors. Evert Baart regularly publishes on subjects on all matters concerning bankruptcy.
Evert Baart studied Law at the UvA and has resided in Amsterdam ever since. He is married and has two children.
- Dutch lawyer
- Law – University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Financial Economy - Erasmus University in Rotterdam
- Advising large-scale leasers on AirBnB and (sub) letting
- Advising & providing guidance to project developers about sale of real estate, housing law and contractual agreements
- Bankruptcy trustee
- Advising restructuring
- Advising suppliers on the right to advertise & retention of title
- Advising creditors how to deal with trustees in event of bankruptcy
- VBR-A (Society of Construction Law)
- FIABCI (International Organisation for Real Estate Professionals)
- Board Member FIABCI (Chapter Nederland)
- Board Member of The Amsterdam Legal Society of Civil Law Notaries